Monday, November 10, 2008

BSI: Week 10

Thank you Meghann for picking me as the moderator for this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient contest! I'm super excited to pick this weeks ingredient, and judging by all the blogs I've been reading I'm pretty sure everyone else will too! But, let me do a rundown of the past weeks BSI's:

Week 9: Who: Meghann from The Inner Workings of a College Graduate BSI: Eggplant
Week 8: Who: Erica from Itzy's Kitchen BSI: Pears
Week 7: Who: Shannon from Tri to Cook BSI: Lentils
Week 6: Who: Sabrina from Rhodey Girl Tests BSI: Polenta
Week 5: Who: Jenn from eatingbender.wordpress.com BSI: Butternut Squash
Week 4: Who: Andrea & Erin of www.caretoeat.net BSI: Apples
Week 3: Who: Rose of onalobsterplacemat.blogspot.com BSI: Mushrooms
Week 2: Who: Heather of hangrypants.com BSI: Tomatoes
Week 1: Who: Christie of sportsnutritionliving.wordpress.com BSI: Quinoa

Can you believe we're already working on week 10? Wow!

For those who have yet to participate, here are the rules:

1. Recipes can be submitted by linking to my blog or e-mailing me with a link to your recipe.
2. If you do not have a blog please feel free to join in! Simply send me an e-mail at trying.to.heal@gmail.com, include your recipe and some photos and I'll be happy to put them up for you!
3. Please have all entries submitted to me by Sunday 16 November, 8:00 pm est.

I've decided that the prize for winning the contest this week will be your very own, handcrafted and assorted trail mix, made by me! You'll get to the pick the different items to go in the mix, so it's a create your own trail mix kind of thing!

Now, are you ready for this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient?!

[[DRUM ROLL PLEASE]]




SWEET POTATO!!!!


Here is a link to the World's Healthiest Foods site where they have done a great job on an overview of the sweet potato, and they also just happened to pick this ingredient as their food of the week!

Ok, go get creative! I know how many of you love sweet poatoes so I'm excited to see what you can come up with!

32 comments:

Erica said...

yayyyyyy for sweet potato! I was so waiting all am for you to post this (I'm lame ;)

Jordan said...

Yay! Good choice. I already have a recipe in mind for that one! Mmm, I can't wait. If I ever get picked for the BSI, I have a good one in my head, too! =]

Marianne said...

Woo! Sweet potato. And I have one hanging out in my drawer!

Rose said...

This is such a good choice - I just bought four the other day!!

balance, joy and food! said...

good pick!! sweet potato is so delicious just plain! Can't wait to see recipes from you guys.

VeggieGirl said...

SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! I'm emailing my submission now :-)

wholefoodswholeme said...

ah i knew you would pick something good!! i don't eat this often (in fact only tried it once..??) but really liked it, and hopefully it'll give me a chance to play aroud with it again!

Meghann said...

I ALMOST picked that ingredient, but then thought I would be getting alot of black bean and sweet potato entries, but I am SOOOO glad you picked it instead!! I am going to put my thinking had on for this one! I know I can do great things with sweet potatoes!!

Beadie said...

Hoooray, sweet potatoes!

Krista said...

Great choice! Can't wait!

magpie said...

Great ingredient! I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to participate this week because I'm not going to be in town after Wednesday... but I'll try! At the very least maybe I can order something with sweet potatoes :)

jess said...

what a perfect BSI, especially with the holidays coming up!!! I can't wait to get some great recipe ideas. Thanks for such a great choice ;)

Meg said...

Congrats on being picked as the moderator! You made an outstanding pick for the ingredient!!!

shelby said...

Oh how I love sweet potatoes. =)

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

sweeeeeet!!



get it? Since it is very hard for me to participate in these challenges as a dorm resident life student, i really enjoy looking at all recipes and dreaming about the day i get to use an oven again!!

flower said...

O good choice Im really boring with my sweet potatoes and usually just roast them so I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with WOOP

Conquerbysmiling said...

so thaaaaaat's what BSI means! I was WONDERING!!! haha, aww so cool. I want to try this out just for fun:D

jenngirl said...

Ah as a checker of the WHFs website, I too noticed the sweet potatoes this week! So exciting, I'm totally gunna try and create a "dormroom friendly" meal with one! ;)

Bobbi said...

oooo I am so excited I LOVE SWEET POTOTOES! I think I shall do two entires:) I WANT THAT TRAIL MIX!

Trojan said...

my favorite

Erin of Care to Eat said...

Oh mercy maud! Your trail mix skills revived me - I've not entered the BSI in a couple of weeks.
IT'S ON

Victoria said...

I've been seeing all these secret ingredient posts, and I'm determined to enter this time. Love your choice of sweet potato!

Anita said...

I LOVE sweet potatoes. I eat at least one a week, and that's with controlling myself, only because if I didn't, I would probably eat them every day and ignore all the other yummy carbs out there.

P.S.- I tagged you. :-)

HangryPants said...

Woo hoo!!!!!

ttfn300 said...

shoot, i just did too much cooking this weekend! i'll have to try to squeeze it in... GREAT choice!

eatingbender said...

GREAT CHOICE!! Now I have to get to brainstorming, haha :o)

Gina said...

yes yes yes thank you!
i LOVE sweet potatoes!

misstiffie said...

woohoo for sweet potatoes... *must get creative* hehe

Catherine said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to make a sweet potato creation to submit to you!!

biz319 said...

I posted my recipe on my blog tonight - do you still want me to email it to you?

Sweet Potato Pillows Swimming in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - yum!

Fitnessista said...

hey i was just reading through this again because i was working on my submission and i think you forgot to add me to the list...
i did the bsi the week after shannon and chose erica afterwards

bellaeats said...

Great choice with the sweet potato BSI!!! I just posted my recipe on my blog...can't wait to see all of the other creations!