Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holllah!

Mmmm...good day today.  I like being home.  It keeps me busy and I'm not lonely like I am at my condo...I hate being lonely, cause that's what ends up ruing my mood at the end of the day = bad eating thoughts.  So no bad eating thoughts here!

Oh, many of you asked about a recipe for the cocoa banana oat muffins i've been muching on.  I made them a while back and froze them and i figure, since i'm trying to save money and not get groceries these are the best kind of snacks and desserts!  Anyhow, I found the recipe on vegcooking HERE.  They're really good and even now after defrosting they still have a great flavor (though are a bit more crumbly than before; still good though!)

Anyhow....about my day!  I woke up nice and early to get a good long run in.  But upon waking I knew it wasn't going to be as long as I would have liked because my quad was a little stiff.  Boo...but i did what I could.  But, wanna know how cold it was outside when I started?  37 DEGREES!!!!  And want to know what I was WEARING?! hhahahaha...i'm betting everyone watching me run thought I was nuts...cause all I had was: a cotton long sleeve shirt, baseball cap, racing shorts, my sports bra, socks and shoes. :O  Yes, I am that nuts. But, I ran a good 5.75 miles to contribute to the Marathon program being promoted by Melissa at FitnessNYC!  Oh yes, and before I headed out I had 1/2 a big banana w/ some pb, then when I came back had the other half w/ some kashi go lean crunch and a sprinkle of milk.


















I headed out to the craft fair w/ my mom and aunt but didn't find anything to my liking, or anyone elses.  Boo.  But we did hit up one of the local fabric stores and all the paper and scrapbook stickers were on sale (40% off) so I got a few things...hah.  I also had a chocolate raspberry luna bar while walking around

By the time I got back I was so hangry I could eat my own leg.  We bought some fresh 6 grain whole wheat bread and I had to dig in.  Toasted up two pieces w/ some laughing cow cheese, tomato and lettuce...sooo good with the orange on the side.  


















I spent the rest of hte afternoon laying around w/ my puppy Lucky and reading blogs...You guys rock my socks.

My mom had some old gift certificates to one of my favorite restaurants so I asked my dad, since my mom wasn't going to be home for din din, if he wanted to go there to eat.  of course he said yes, free meal! And this place totally rocks.  It's called Rutabegortz and it has the freshest food around.  I actually threw a huge party there last december for my mom for her 50th birthday.  It was a big surprise and totally fun!  I'll find some party pictures to show you her surprise!  It was hilarious!  All she did was cry!

Anyhow, my dad had something called the Summer Salad and I had an asain dish called the Veggie Mushu Medley.  Here's the description:

Veggie Mushu Medley
Asian inspired veggies, water chestnuts, broccoli, carrots, snow peas and mushrooms atop a bed of rice pilaf.  Topped with slivered almonds, crunchy noodles and mushu sauce.


















Sorry for the blurriness.  Here's my dad's salad.


















The meal was realllly good and since we had enough $$ left on the gift certificate we splurged on dessert.  I decided to try their seasonal Pumpkin Cookie with my dad.  It was alright.  He had a bite, I ate the rest.  Wasn't my favorite because it was too doughy, but had a nice little flavor too it...not too pumpkin-y.



















Came home to start on some of my baking and cookie makign and am still in the process...you shall see those tomorrow!  I promise!  Oh, and along with a picture of the top that I chose for the parties I'm going to next weekend!

Au revoir!

22 comments:

shelby said...

haha you are crazy! I wear that in the summer when I run!

mmm, everything looks so delicious...you come up with the best combinations =)

I have the same feelings about food when I'm lonely. I'm pretty sure it's because I have more time to think about everything and when I busy I don't have time to care so much. I'm happy that you had a good day and I hope you have a great upcoming week!!!

Sharon said...

Wow, you are amazing! Great eats! Love everything, especially the sandwich!

ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á said...

the restaurant food seems so good! I saw the recipe and i definately have to try the muffins:D

Pearl said...

omgosh wow! that. sounds. incredibly. cold.

i'm glad you had a nice time at dinner with your dad though! how fun to try restaurants with dad!

HangryPants said...

Yum yum to pumpkin cookies. Quite a run in the freezing cold! Have a good day!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I need to try that muffin recipe as I spend way too much money on Vitalicious muffin tops.

strongandhealthy said...

Nice run! Good for you!

Love that dinner! I love pumpkin cookies!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

thanks for sharing the recipe! it looks delicious! I'll make some too :)
have a great sunday!

VeggieGirl said...

HELL YES FOR A GREAT DAY!!

Your eats are amaaaazing - I especially want that pumpkin cookie ;-)

Happy Sunday, dear Melissa!!

Erica said...

yayyyy for baking! I'm so glad you're enjoying the time at home! Thanks for pointing out the recipe! Have a great Sunday!

sarah said...

you're brave---when i run in the winter i BUNDLE up like crazy (but then again Boston winters are just a tad different than CA ones!)

i'm glad you're having a good time at home, i totally know what you mean about being lonely and that leading to bad food thoughts, it happens to me a lot and i can't wait to go home on friday for a whole month and not have to deal with them!

glidingcalm said...

Melisssssssssssssssssssa!
I missed "Trying to Heal"! Damn HW had me super behind on your posting! I love your mini xmas tree though, and that was a cute picture of you from a while back too!! All of your meals have been looking scrumptious! That pumpkin cookie sounds amazing too!

Happy Sunday mama cita! I've missed you! :D

loveofoats.com said...

glad you are enjoying your time at home - that cookie you had w/ your dad looks yummy!

ttfn300 said...

great eats :) home is so great!!

Erin of Care to Eat said...

I'm so happy you're happy!
Ew, that is really cold, girl.
I'm sorry you didn't love the pumpkin cookie! Doughy cookies are my fave.

Gina said...

Oh my gosh...I am getting ready to go out to run now and I already have on an underarmour top and calf length leggings, and that is just the first layer!! Its snowing here today, I will probably only do 4 miles.

Looks like a great dinner, I'm glad you enjoyed!!

eatingbender said...

Haha GREAT running outfit! You are one brave girl - and I love it! I'm glad to hear that you had such a good day :o)

That restaurant sounds amazing! Ooh, and I can't wait to see pictures of all the fabulous cookies!

P.S. Did you get my email the other day? It should be coming soon!

K said...

Yikes! That's cold even for MI standards!

I am drooling over that veggie medley!

Have a great Sunday!

Christina said...

I understand what you mean about being alone and bad thoughts start popping up. Doing something, anything, helps, be it yoga, knitting, or even the dishes while wearing my iPod!

Your body temp increases 20° after you're warmed up, so that's the perfect amount to be dressed in, really. The rule of thumb is 'feel a little chilly when you step outside', which prevents overheating. Me? I need to warm up inside first because I hate that chilly feeling!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll definitely have to try it. And for sure I need to freeze a batch.

Megan said...

Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to make them! and that cookie looks AWESOME!!! :-D Hope your having a great weekend!

Meghann said...

My Mom thought I was crazy yesterday when I wore a tank top and running shorts for my half and it 40 something degrees outside. Only runs know thats enough to keep us warm! :)

Fitnessista said...

everything looks SO good!
being lonely is the worst :/ i'm stoked to be home with the fam and distracted from the fact the hubby is away!
can't wait to see what you bake up!