Sunday, December 14, 2008

A little something different

Hey everyone.  I had a great time at the party last night watching everyone get drunk off of the colonel's keg...hahaha!  I was the designated river for my semi-boss so I just hung around and chatted it up with everyone.  I hadn't eaten anything since the cuise and we got to the party at almost 7 and I was starving.  Sadly there wasn't much for me too eat but this is what I had: 2 mini mushroom turnovers and lots of snap peas/carrots/bell pepper w/ hummus...yeppers.

Anyways, since that's not very entertaining I want to leave you with something else for viewing pleasure!!  As many of you know I love to travel and have gone to many different countries over the years.  But my favorite trips of all time have been to Australia (2x) and New Zealand.  

I went to Australia for the first time my junior year of college for 4 months to study and one month to travel.  While I was there I lived out in the middle of no-where rainforest with the nearest town being pretty far away.  I lived in a cabin w/ 6 other girls, 7 other girls in another cabin, and 5 boys in another.  It was an amazing adventure as I learned a lot about the rainforest and the birds and mammals and tress/plants and even went through a category 5 cyclone!  I seriously could not have asked for a more adventurous and eye opening expereience.  Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure!  You can click on them to see bigger views:

Where I lived (and other rainforests visited):







































































































































































































After the cyclone hit:













































Two day snorkel trip:























































Next travel post will be my New Zealand trip, then my second Australia trip after I graduated college!  yay!

27 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

GREAT photos!!! So fun :-)

sarah said...

I love the pictures, so pretty!

shelby said...

LUCKY!!! I want to travel after I'm done with school. It's always been a dream of mine. The photos are beautiful...it sounds like you had a lot of fun!!!

K said...

Pretty pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Catherine said...

Awesome photos! I absolutely love traveling, but amd yet to go to Australia yet. So jealous! ;)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

great photos! And great idea to post trip photos! If you don't mind, I'll do something similar on my blog too. It's so rewarding and so nice to remember those special moments.

Erica said...

Glad you had fun at the party- sorry there wasn't much food (booo)! At least they had veggies and hummus (yum yum). The pictures are just gorgeous!What a neat experience

Sharon said...

Glad you had an awesome time at the party! And whoa, those pictures are so beautiful. I want to go there now!

Laura said...

I love the pictures!

Glad you had fun at the party! Military men definitely know how to party. ;)

Christina said...

Those pictures leave me breathless! Australia and New Zealand are two countries I want to visit the most.

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Awesome pics. I've heard New Zealand is amazing - can't wait for next post. Thanks for sharing!

Bunny Trails said...

Oh, thank you! Momentarily, I was back in Australia in heaven. So gorgeous! I completely agree. My favorite place on earth is New Zealand with Australia a very close second.

Glad you enjoyed the party :)

loveofoats.com said...

that is awesome!

magpie said...

What an awesome trip. Australia and NZ are two of the places I want to visit most (I think NZ more though). Can't wait to see more pics!

strongandhealthy said...

Love those pictures! How fun!

Tina said...

Amazing photos!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Bridget said...

Great pictures- what an awesome experience!

Caitlin (see bride run) said...

i love traveling :)

i hear you sent us a fun package - thanks so much!

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing such AWESOME pictures! What an adventure!

Amanda said...

Such great pictures! I studied abroad in Australia during my junior year of college too! I was in Sydney though .. definitely a different landscape than your beautiful rainforest but still completely awesome!!

Megan said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them :-D

HangryPants said...

Great pictures! Thanls for sharing them. I really want to go t Australia.

healthy ashley said...

Wow! I'm envious of your travels, but thanks so much for sharing all the great photos!

eatingbender said...

Great pictures! That rainforest is so beautiful. It sounds like a fantastic experience :o)

lengslog said...

oh those photos of Australia are so pretty! I would love to go there some day!

Meghann said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm too jealous! :)

missmk said...

My dream adventure vacation!!!!