Friday, May 13, 2011

Just One More

Hour. Day. Survey. Bird…you name it, that’s been the phrase that’s kept me going the past few days…it’s only one more of __________.

Hopefully I’ll get some time to rest this weekend, and blog for that matter.  I’ve barely been able to sleep!  But I did want to show you a variety of wildflowers that I’ve seen lately out in the field!

panh 009panh 011panh 025

panh 026

And a cute birdy!  He was hanging around for an entire survey (1/2 an hour) and was so close at one point I could have reached out and touched it!

panh 013

Of course there was landscapes on top of it all.  I was on a new sight and can’t tell you how gorgeous it was.  It helped make the 14 hour day go by so much faster.

panh 031panh 046panh 043panh 022

How gorgeous is that? It’s not even the bulk of it.  There are so many pictures I wish I could share!

Of course through it all, there was eating.  Not as much as there should have been, because it all happened when I got home.  That’s where the “Fighting the Hard Fight” post came from…I’ll get to that soon.

panh 014panh 015panh 028panh 029panh 030pics 002pics 003pics 006

I’ve basically been living off of smoothies every morning after the oats episode that I had earlier in the week.  Lunch has needed to be totally portable because it’s usually having to be eaten in a matter of minutes.  So PB and banana or apples it is!  Dinners have been non-existent because coming home after so much work means I have no energy for cooking.  So lets just say there were two nights that was soy ice cream and granola for dinner.  And a bowl of cereal.  I know, exciting…

But this is my funny picture of the day.  First of all, look at the cow in the front, he looks like he’s wearing a toupee.  I couldn’t help but crack the hell up.  And then ,there was the raging cow behind him.  Seriously, he was one pissed off cow.  Soooooooo loud!

panh 036

Ok, I’ve got a 20 miler this weekend that I’m scared completely out of my head about.  I know I did 17 two weekends ago with only a 7 miler last weekend in Kauai.but the 17 miler was no fun or easy, and I’m going to be doing this 20 at a higher elevation and with hills.  I’m scared; very scared.  Words of encouragement would be nice….((wink wink))

Some Kauai posts coming this weekend!!!  I can’t wait to share more pictures with you all!!!

8 comments:

marie said...

20 miles? Sure/ it's a challenge, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! You've moved all over creation, you're kicking you ED's tail, you're a GREAT meowmy to a rescued fur-baby, you do physically challenging work and do it well, you've created some pretty great recipes, and you've helped more people than you know with yourhonesty in your blog, ESPECIALLY your Side Notes series. Those 20 miles should be SKEERED becuase you're gonna' show them who's boss!!!
Seriously, I'm sure you will conquer those miles, and I look forward to reading your recap of the run.

Jasmine said...

Have faith in yourself, you can do it!!!! And just think how good you'll feel when you're done :D

Sara MM said...

I'm with everyone else- you'll ace those 20 miles.

As for the ED stuff... just keep remembering the whole time how much you'e conquered recently & use the strength YOU KNOW YOU HAVE to conquer these feelings as well.
We all know you can do it- deep down, you know too. We're all rooting for you & here for all those times that you feel a little less strong. You have that strength though. Don't forget. :) x

fittingitallin said...

Girl you've got this 20 miler! you've been taking care of yourself and you already know you can push through distances farther than you ever thought. It might not be easy at the end but you will feel SO AWESOME afterward!

kris @ everday oats said...

I came across your blog not too long ago, and from what I've read, you've got the strength to get through more than 20 miles! So you've totally got it down! Thanks for sharing your training though...its really great inspiration for someone (me:) ) who is still slowly learning to love running.

Erica said...

ROCK the run this weekend girl! I know you can do it :) PB & nana sandwiches are awesome. And I love the mountain mix mojo. Hope you're having a good one

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I am cracking up! The cow with the toupee is AWESOME! I love it!

sophia said...

You're gonna rock it, Melissa, and you know it! I'll look forward to your success post. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy every one of those miles. Go get them, tiger! :D