1. If I don’t eat a calorie enough dense breakfast, the rest of the day is shot…in the effect that I will never feel satisfied or full.
(Not enough calories for moi)
2. Eating your snack at 8.30am after having your lighter than needed breakfast at 6.30am does not mean you are breaking any rules. It means you are hungry and listening to your body.
3. Even if you feel guilty for having that snack so soon after breakfast do not feel guilty and ignore your hunger at lunch. Eat what you brought and stop when you’re full.
4. An always pack lunches with lots of protein. It will be worth your while. I had 1/2 an avocado and lots of hummus.
5. If you want something salty, even though you try and stay away from it, have it because it might mean you neeeeeeed it. Being out in desert = dehydration = losing salt through sweat. Problem solved.
6. Trail mix is the most portable and effective snack for the field. Nothing beats peanuts and raisins. It will keep you full for hours.
7. Or not, sometimes. Today would be that case. Don’t let that you “feel like you’ve eaten too much today and not done enough exercise” mentality get to you and eat if you’re hungry. You may have favored the rice cakes instead of something else because of the ED thoughts, but at least there’s more PROTEIN. Chocolate PB all the way.
8. Don’t have a freak out when you realize you’re going to have to eat dinner out after the day you’ve had and eats you’ve eaten. This day WILL NOT KILL YOU.
9. If I’m stressed, I do yoga. And even though it makes me realize more flaws about my body than I like to think about, all at the same time it makes me realize how strong my body is. Running is one thing, yoga is a whole other thing. I owned it.
10. Order what you want, what you like and don’t restrict at the restaurant. There is no shame in getting what you want, no matter what the arena, especially food.
11. If you feel like having some dessert, like a handful of chocolate chips when you get home after your dinner out, DO IT. Otherwise, the thought will stay in your head until you do and at that point you’ll go overboard.
12. Relax your anxiety nerves by watching your cat throw around her toy and chase after it for almost an hour. It’s almost as entertaining as stand up comedy. Almost.
13. Guilt will get you no where. Friend will be there if you need the support to get around it. Thank goodness I have you. ]]