Sunday, July 10, 2011

Eat, Eat, Eats!

Thank goodness for a relaxing weekend!  I was able to stay up late Friday night (for once!) and sleep in Saturday…yep, 6am was a great wakeup time!  Anyhow, I had plans for a long run today and got up with the swak of a cat paw to my face, a 1/2 a sandwich thin with pb and an apple.

The run was not ideal, but I think I’m just trying to get back into the groove from all the work and well, my funk.  I was good for about the first three miles but then my legs felt like the heaviest lead on the planet.  Alas, I finished the 7.06 mile run in 1:05 and was glad to be done!

Clean and done drinking lots of water, I made a protein smoothie with cheerios mixed in, and a sticker I got at the SD Expo in the window.  Yep, I run with it. Smile

pics 007

I lefts to pick up my produce box and bam more green beans and potatoes!  I’m pretty tired of them…though am excited about those squashes and mini eggplant!

pics 009

I actually ate a nectarine before I left with my roomie into the major city down the mountain.  We didn’t realize how late it was and went straight to TJ’s to get some lunch!  I got my favorite spinach salad along with some sesame pita chips for a little crunch.

bjj 006

We went and saw Bad Teacher to get out of the stink’n heat of the valley (over 100*) and finished up with a visit to my favorite fro yo place who just by chance, was serving a fro-yo style sorbet!!!  That means I actually got to have some!  I don’t know if I’ve made this clear, but I’ve eliminated all dairy from my diet, including things like caisin that might be found in some vegetarian cheeses.  Alas, I got to try three different flavors: watermelon, raspberry pomegranate and orange! 

winner

Sooooooo good!!!  We hit up Target, that took everything from me that I own, along with TJ’s for groceries and then home.  I wasn’t actually feeling good all day because I had a nasty headache that lingered after the run.  I drank a significant amount of water after the run but the damage had already been done…lets put it this way, it’s 10pm and I still have a headache, enough that my eyes hurt pretty badly, like a sinus infection.

I snacked on another handful of those pita chips on the ride home and then tried to relax.  The headache got worse throughout the evening and I thought I might have been hungry (my stomach wasn’t growling though, too confusing) so since I didn’t feel like much and was hot, I had another smoothie. It was like this morning, except I didn’t use protein powder and instead a glob of pb.  Just what I needed…

pics 010

I snacked on some watermelon while cutting it up along with a 1/2 a pack of dried mango.  I wasn’t really hungry but thought the food might help my head…to no avail.  Hopefully sleep will do it some good tonight…if I ever get to bed.

13 comments:

lily said...

Love your blog, but I think you need to look up the meaning of 'alas', you're using it in a really weird context and it doesn't make sense! I'm an english language teacher... I can't help it...! :-)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet said...

Congrats on running 7 miles! Since I started a new job as a waitress, the amount of time I spend on my feet does not help my running motivation. My legs are always so tired, and I've only averaged 7 miles a week in the past three weeks. I hope that I'll be able to adapt and start loving to run again!

And I hate post-run headaches! So now I carry a water bottle for anything over 3 miles :)

Joanna said...

Those are some good (and healthy) eats! How often do you get your produce basket? And what's the website again? I really want to try it out!

KW said...

I am wondering, how do you make your protein shakes? I make them all the time after I workout but yours seem to be a lot thicker than mine. What's your typical recipe?

NancyU said...

Is there any other way to wake up other than by kitty paw? Sometimes mine will give a meow, but it is mostly a head but or paw doing the trick.

Christine (The Raw Project) said...

So cute about the kitty paw, I get that or a woofing dog who needs to visit the backward to wake me up. :-) Great run, mine wasn't so fast yesterday because of tired legs and heat.

RunEatRepeat said...

If you're not eating dairy now you need to make a bigger effort to get in enough protein. You know I swear that more protein really helped me feel satiated and understand my hunger/fullness. Also, you belly doesn't hafta grumble to tell you it's hungry. Be kind and listen to the quiet signals :)

I miss you!!! Can't wait to see ya :)

mymarblerye said...

looks like such a summery spread of snacks you've been eating!

Biz said...

I think that's an awesome time for a 7 mile run! :D

Hope your headache is gone by now, maybe you were just a bit dehydrated before the run??

Kaitlin With Honey said...

What did you think of Bad Teacher?

divinelykatherine said...

NomNomNom!

Krista said...

That froyo looks delicious! Hope that headache cleared up quickly, though...

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

With all those potatoes and green beans you could make a potato salad - perhaps mustard or olive oil dressing based if mayo doesn't work for you?