Monday, August 22, 2011

Mountain Festival

Hey everyone!  Thanks for all the congrats on my new baby!  I’m super excited starting to use her around town and am already planning a road trip to take her on in a week!  So much fun having a hybrid now!  Much farther on more gas!  Yay!  Btw, would you like to know how I went about deciding on everything as far as purchasing the car goes?  I don’t know if anyone would be interested in that…or not.  Let me know!

insight 037

My Saturday was consumed with buying my Honda Insight Hybrid but Sunday was full of kettle corn. Yes, I basically had it for two meals today.  How could I not!

insight 047

I was also walking around observing all the vintage cars that were being shown downtown…so pretty!

insight 038insight 039insight 040insight 045insight 048

I’ve got to hit the sack early because I have a very early work day tomorrow!  No more sleeping in for me!

I hope you all had a fun weekend…if you weren’t at HLS.  Jealous I couldn’t’ go, but happy I got my car instead!!!  What did you do this weekend?

13 comments:

valerie said...

Definitely interested in how you decided on your car. I think I will be choosing between an insight, a fit, and a prius type car in a couple of yrs. Thanks!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats said...

That's so exciting that you got your car!!! Congrats! I had a great weekend, went to the IL State Fair with my brother! Parts 1 and 2 are up on my blog, still working on part 3! Haha waaaay too much happened for just one post!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Love the new car, how exciting you took the plunge and made such a great purchase :)
Fun weekend you had too Melissa!

lifesabowl said...

I'm jealous too- hopefully I will attend next year... Maybe it will be local, aka in DC :D

Kristina @SimplyKristinaP said...

Love the new car. I decided to start my own blog this weekend :) Lots of fun figuring it out.

Biz said...

I was happy to get some cooking/baking done this weekend - seems like I haven't cooked a lot lately!

Still so excited about your car - you are officially a grown up now!

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

I would definitely love to hear how you decided! It's such a big purchase!

Christine (The Raw Project) said...

Would love to know about the car decision, I've been considering a hybrid for awhile.

NancyU said...

Would like to here how you got your car. It would be a great entry.

Krista said...

LOVE kettle corn! I enjoyed a very relaxing weekend! It's been too long since I've been able to kick back with a book for a few hours....

eachdayray said...

i think college can either really help or really hurt people with body issues. change is always hard, and once you develop and eating disorder, it's the thing you run to when you don't want things to change, or you want something daily and constant and stable to get you through. i think also that when you're at school, away from your family, it's easy to forget to eat. people don't think that's possible, but if you're predisposed to an eating disorder, you will. and with no one watching you, it's very very very easy. i don't think any one thing can be blamed as a cause, but i know there are definite triggers that end up shooting the gun, and you definitely touched on a lot of them in this post. recovery is about learning your triggers, and proper responses to them, so that when similar situations arise in the future, you have a HEALTHY coping mechanism- and one that will probably allow you to feel much better than ED ever did!

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

Some of those cars looks amazing! And yay for your new ride, that's so excited! Btw, it's my first time on your blog, so hi! :)

price per head said...

Also I am planning to get a Hybrid but there are many option and I am looking for something affordable and you can get easy spare parts